16 Jun Happy Pollinator Week!
Pollinator Protection Week is here, folks. And to celebrate, we’re kicking off the week with an online townhall discussion about bee declines, the impacts on our food system and what we can do to support thriving pollinator populations.
On top of that, we’ll have a lively Twitter chat every day of the week on a range of topics at 10am PT. Hope you can join us for all of it!
“What’s the buzz about?: A conversation about bee declines, impacts on our food system & what you can do about it”
To RSVP & receive the streaming link, please go to http://bit.ly/BeeTownHall.
And be sure to submit questions for the panelists during the event via Twitter with the hashtag #BeeChat.
- Todd Woody, Senior Editor for Environment and Wildlife, TakePart (moderator)
- Susan Kegley, PhD, CEO, Pesticide Research Institute
- Gene Brandi, Beekeeper and Vice President, American Beekeeping Federation
- Claire Kremen, PhD, Co-Director, Berkeley Food Institute; Professor, Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, UC Berkeley
Daily topics will be:
- Mon – Importance of bees & other pollinators
- Tues – What can we do to help bees?
- Weds – “Beewashing” & Bayer’s bee care tour
- Thurs – Stories from the hive: A conversation with beekeeper Jim Doan
- Fri – Birds, bats and butterflies
See you online!
Photo credit: Angie Guistina